Access the benefits of digitisation across the ports industry
From ocean freighters and shipping terminals, through to the storage, logistics and transport operations that enable the onward movement of goods, digital transformation is underway across the ports industry.
But to unlock the many advantages of digitisation – greater efficiency, productivity, speed, control and visibility – businesses at every stage of the supply chain need to digitalise their processes and to equip their teams with the right technology.
An essential element of the new digital toolkit are reliable mobile solutions (from devices to software and vehicle mounted solutions) – and for that, there’s one name that leads the world: TOUGHBOOK from Panasonic.
Specialist support across the port eco-system
How rugged mobile solutions enables digital transformation at every stage of the supply chain.
For ocean freighters
- Always-on communication with the port
- Greater traffic and cargo control
- Faster, more efficient cargo tracking and inspection
- Accurate digital documentation, accessed anywhere
For port operators
- Streamlined, automated unloading and loading operations
- Greater control of containers and cranes, and cargo identification
- Improved on-the-ground supervision – including oil tanker supervision
For logistics operations
- Complete monitoring and supervision of ground operations
- Real-time collection and despatch management
- Always-on, multi-site communication
- Flexible, accurate digital documentation
For storage and warehousing
- Smart inventory management, updated in real time
- Faster, error-free scanning and goods management
- Constant productivity of forklift operators
For inland transport
- Fast authentication and cargo sign-off processes
- Route navigation and task scheduling
- Constant connectivity to HQ